Tuesday 21 February 2023

Zak won a defamation case

 I remember reading many times from multiple people that "Zak only sued Ettin for defamation because Australia has very bad laws, he'd never sue anyone in the US because FREEDOM OF SPEECH! and people can say what they want on the Internet for the same reason" etc etc. 

Those people were either mistaken or lying. 

Case in point: Vivka Grey lied about Zak harassing her. There was a lot of proof that she was lying, and that proof was presented to the court. The court ruled that Vivka Grey lied, that she's guilty, and that she must pay some money to Zak because he was the victim. 

The video contains extracts from the court process, some proof of Vivka's lies (and also Kimberly Kane being awesome, which does not relate to the story). 


And here's Zak's post for those who, like me, prefer reading to listening. 


1 comment:

  1. Yeah. It's nasty exactly because it's important to defend the victims, it's important to act against abusers - and then someone uses it to make people attack an innocent.
    And then there's the thing - they wrote "I believe women, I support victims" a lot, but when women who were harassed for playing with Zak said "Hey, listen, you're wrong, Zak is not a monster", suddenly it turned out that "I believe women, just not the women who say I'm wrong".
    It really sucks. I hope things eventually get better for Zak and the people who spoke the truth and went to court and risked a lot to stop the hate campaign.

    ReplyDelete

Linda Tirado. Help if you can.

I never got to know Linda Tirado in person. I learned about her after she, a journalist, was shot by a cop. I read what she posted on Twitte...