Friday 26 April 2024

Answering Jeff Rients's twenty questions for our Krynn game

We're still stuck in Spidernesti, so this is what I mean when talking about "land".  

What is the deal with my cleric's religion?

Kiri-Jolith is a good god of war. Kind of Athena, only male and without an owl, I suppose? Sounds kind of lame in comparison, frankly.  

Where can we go to buy standard equipment?

The economy is currently in ruins thanks to the whole land being cursed. Maybe the local elves have some stuff they can sell you.  

Where can we go to get platemail custom fitted for this monster I just befriended?

Your friends has helped to rescue Theros the blacksmith several weeks ago. He'd probably be grateful enough to make something like that for you, if you can find him - he was last seen in Qualinesti.

Who is the mightiest wizard in the land?

King Lorac, trained and tested by the masters of High Sorcery. He's also, unfortunately, quite mad.

Who is the greatest warrior in the land?

Besides your lost friends? Probably one of the captive elves at the weapons factory. 

Who is the richest person in the land?

King Lorac, again. 

Where can we go to get some magical healing?

Your fellow cleric.  

Where can we go to get cures for the following conditions: poison, disease, curse, level drain, lycanthropy, polymorph, alignment change, death, undeath?

Considering the current political and clerical situation on the continent, your best bet would be to swear loyalty to Takhisis. Her priests can do that.

Is there a magic guild my MU belongs to or that I can join in order to get more spells?

As a matter of fact, yes - the Red Robes at their Towers of High Sorcery. Technically, there's just one tower where they currently gather, the other four were either destroyed or cursed. 

Where can I find an alchemist, sage or other expert NPC?

 The Tower of Depressed Spiders. 

Where can I hire mercenaries?

The weapons factory (if you free them from the spider slavers).  

Is there any place on the map where swords are illegal, magic is outlawed or any other notable hassles from Johnny Law?

Your religion is outlawed in a large part of Ansalon. Also, kenders are outlawed in some barbaric cities. 

 Which way to the nearest tavern?

 There's a canteen at the factory, probably.  

 What monsters are terrorizing the countryside sufficiently that if I kill them I will become famous?

Currently, it's the dragonarmies. Good luck.  

Are there any wars brewing I could go fight?

I believe we've cleared this by now.  

How about gladiatorial arenas complete with hard-won glory and fabulous cash prizes?

Minotaurs control some sea-side towns. They love this kind of entertainment.   

Are there any secret societies with sinister agendas I could join and/or fight?

 I cannot tell you. It's a secret. 

What is there to eat around here?

Roasted goblins are said to be amazingly succulent and filling.  

Any legendary lost treasures I could be looking for?

Besides the ones you already found, yes. An unbroken Dragonlance is one of those things.  

Where is the nearest dragon or other monster with Type H treasure?

Right behind you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Answering Jeff Rients's twenty questions for our Krynn game

We're still stuck in Spidernesti, so this is what I mean when talking about "land".   What is the deal with my cleric's re...