Friday 14 June 2024

Odds and Ends and Cartoon Frogs

I don't know the Pendragon games too well, all I know is that there's an interesting mass combat mechanic, and now there's this new edition of Pendragon and the mass combat is not there. Or it's not there yet, or it was never meant to be there, I dunno. People are strange. 

Genndy Tartakovsky plans to make an animated heist comedy about frog brothers. Sounds awesome - Genndy, animation, frogs, what's not to like? 

“This whole show came to me because of how quick media is getting. We’re all flicking through entertainment this quickly. And so asked myself: How can I do a show that’s fast and intense but is going to trap you so that you can’t click past it,” Tartakovsky said. 

Umm, Genndy, you already did it, it was Clone Wars and every episode was three minutes long and it was spectacular. 

But hey, the man's a genius, if he wants to go fast and intense, let him go fast and intense. 

Steven Pressfield's books on creativity are way to religious but if you skip past all that, they're surprisingly good. 

Gotta work on something. While I'm at it, did you know that more than a thousand people got All Dogs Go To Hell from LotFP? It's at 1020 right now, when there's 4 more, we'll have a kilobyte of people who either really love or really hate dogs. 

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linda Tirado. Help if you can.

I never got to know Linda Tirado in person. I learned about her after she, a journalist, was shot by a cop. I read what she posted on Twitte...